Richard B. Scott, D.D.S.
Call (714) 635-0892
Facts You Should Know About Dental Insurance
What is the best dental insurance plan for financing health care for me?
Choosing a dental expense plan can be a confusing experience. Although there is no one "best" dental payment plan for financing health care, there are some plans that will be better than others for you and your family's dental payment plan needs. We will try to guide you in simple terms. However, rather than just giving you answers, the best thing we can do is to make sure you are equipped with the right questions for the dentists.
There are three major things to consider, each with their own unique set of questions. By considering the questions thoroughly, you will arrive at the right dental payment plan for you and your family.
- How affordable is financing health care (cost of financing health care)?
- How much will a dental payment plan cost me on a monthly basis?
- Should I try to insure just major dental expense or most of my dental expense?
- Can I afford a policy that at least covers my children?
- Are there deductibles I must pay before the insurance begins to help cover my costs?
- After I have met the deductible, what part of my dental expense is paid by the dental plan?
- If I use dentists outside a plan's network, how much more will I pay to get financing health care?
- How often do I visit the dentist and how much will my dental payment plan be each visit?
- Do the included services match my needs (access of health care)?
- What other dental providers are part of the plan?
- Are there enough of the kinds of dentists I want to see?
- Where will I go for financing health care? Are these places near where I work or live?
- Do I need to get permission before I see a dental specialist?
- Are there any limits to how much I must pay in case of a major illness?
- Is the prescription medication which I need covered by the dental plan?
- Have people had good results when covered by a specific dental payment plan?
- How do independent government organizations rate the different dental plans?
- What do my friends say about their experience with a specific plan?
- What does my dentist say about their experience with a specific dental payment plan?
If you consider these elements carefully when choosing a dental financing plan, you can be assured the best possible outcome and minimize dental expense paid by you.
New and Returning Patient Special!
We are currently offering a cleaning (in absence of gum disease), x-rays and exam to new and returning patients for only $99!
Visit Our Office Regularly!
Take good care of your smile. Remember to visit the dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
Mouthwash Is Important, Too!
Brushing and flossing may not be enough. The ADA now recommends using an antimicrobial mouthwash to reduce plaque and prevent gingivitis.